Search This Blog

Food Friday



14 shared thoughts
This week's Featured in Food Friday player is....

Ms. Adjoa, who owns the blog A GIRL'S REFLECTIONS, with her post: Food Trends 2012

As I was browsing through the site, I couldn't help but notice the wonderful pictures that accompanies her posts...very sharp and clear! I wasn't surprised, then, when I read (in one of her recent posts) that she got mistaken for a professional photographer! Way to go, Ms. Adjoa! Do go and check out her site that not only offers good photography, but also good food!
---------- :L - :L - :L ----------

This week's food post was something that I needed that day; I was feeling pretty lazy, so all I wanted was to get comfy in a couch, sip/munch/chew, and when done: read a heart-warming book...I didn't find any heart-warming book to read, so instead I read The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus series) by Rick Riordan. lol.

This was what I made (and had) that day:

Pork and Beans with Mushrooms

Ingredients are pretty simple:
  • ground pork
  • a can of beans
  • a can of mushrooms
  • lots of tomatoes
  • mixed dried herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, and sage)
  • onion, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce


Procedure was equally fast and easy:
  • Thaw the meat and put in pan with water (just enough to cook the meat), soy sauce, salt, dried herbs, sliced tomatoes, and pepper. Let boil and mix. Let it be for a few minutes so that the ingredients get time to blend together.
  • Add the sliced onion and garlic. Simmer some more.
  • Add the sliced mushrooms and the beans (I didn't add the brine solution).
  • You can add in some more liquid (plain water or any stock that you might have); if you want, at this stage. Adjust seasonings...
  • Best eaten when hot. :)

I had a very happy lazy afternoon that day... <3 Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar, or a simple text) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3




get the InLinkz code

14 shared thoughts:

Dhemz at: Fri Jan 06, 12:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

pork and beans with mushrooms sound good...I tried pork and beans before but not with mushrooms...:) happy new year sis!

Oggi at: Fri Jan 06, 04:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Miss M!:)

Beans and mushrooms! Yes, I love both and together sounds even better.:)

Adjoa Pearlsa at: Fri Jan 06, 05:27:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Maiylah,

I am honored to be this week's Featured in Food Friday player thank you so much. I am flattered!

I will be putting up this week’s Food Friday post early tomorrow morning and I will be back to link it.

Thanks for hosting us.

Chelo @ Home and Bahay at: Fri Jan 06, 01:47:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Once again, Maiylah! Thanks for the linky party. Looking forward to checking out these links. Also, I love that you feature a link each week :)

Jenn at: Fri Jan 06, 05:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

If only my family was into beans, I might try this for them... but then again, I am not into pork, too, anymore. Pwede kaya ito sa beef or chicken?

stoic_khail at: Fri Jan 06, 07:55:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I hate visiting your site...


with an empty stomach... tsk...

BTW, that looks pretty easy :) Gonna try that as soon as find out what rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and sage are and if Aling Margarita (dun sa kanto) has them. Happy Friday, apir!

Unknown at: Fri Jan 06, 09:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

this looks like a perfect comfort food.
nakakabusog!:p

France@beyondthepeel at: Sat Jan 07, 01:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi MAiylah, Thanks for hosting. The soup looks amazing. A lovely hardy soup for a cold winter day. I am sharing a recipe for beef brisket and kale.

maiylah at: Sat Jan 07, 11:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...


thanks, Ms. Dhemz
...added in the mushrooms para lang ma.iba. hehe. happy 2012 to you and your family too, sis! <3

thanks, Ms. Adjoa
...a pleasure featuring you here! :)

thanks, Ms. Chelo
...the least I can do is give back the linkies you wonderful blogfriends are sending my way... <3

thanks, Jenn
...am sure pwede yan with beef or chicken (maybe even with tofu!). you might also want to change the canned ingredients into fresh ones. your choice. your taste. anything is possible! :)

thanks, stoic_khail
...hahaha...sila sage and company andun sa herb section ng grocery. bisitahin mo at magpakilala ka... xD

thanks, LM
...yup, comfort food! at mabilis lang! :D

thanks, France
...love your beef brisket and kale recipe...we have something similar here, too. only, we add in potatoes and bok choy. :)

thank you so much for dropping by and sharing your awesome food to the party, foodies!
Happy 2010 to us all! <3

anney at: Sun Jan 08, 02:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Parang gusto ko sya kainin with crackers! Wala lang, trip ko lang. hehe! Happy 2012!

maiylah at: Sun Jan 08, 10:30:00 AM GMT+8 said...


hahaha, oo nga..pwede rin!
salamat, anney!
Happy 2012 din! :)

Lainy at: Sun Jan 08, 01:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That looks so yum and so easy to prepare. Masubukan nga ;-)

Lainy at: Sun Jan 08, 01:58:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Coming back here via my other blog.

Thanks for hosting this meme, Mai. It's been fun.

maiylah at: Mon Jan 09, 04:53:00 AM GMT+8 said...


hi Ms. Lainy
...thanks!!
...so happy you had the chance to join! hope you can join us again next time! :)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post