Search This Blog

Food Friday



18 shared thoughts
This week's Featured in Food Friday player is....

Mirage, who blogs over at Mahlzeit! with her post: Rinderrouladen

Mirage (or "G", as I like to call her), is another blogger who not only cooks up wonderful dishes, but also takes awesome pictures of her creations. Living in a country totally different from what she's used to, she strives to learn more about her environment and blogs about her experiences. Browsing through her food blog is a joy and I am sure you'd love her site, too. So why don't you go over and check out some of her elegantly captured yummy treats!
---------- :$ - :$ - :$ ----------
This week's food post is something that I tried for the first time: Toge (Mung Bean Sprouts) with Cumin


Ingredients
  • toge (mung bean sprouts, about two handfuls)
  • eggs (2, medium sized)
  • ground cumin (half a teaspoon; the taste could be overpowering if you're not used to it)
  • milk, flour, salt, pepper
  • oil for frying


Procedure:
  • Scramble the eggs; then add in the milk (about three tablespoons {i used evaporated milk}), salt, pepper, cumin, and flour (around three to four tablespoons). 
  • Mix evenly,and make sure it's not too 'watery' or too dense. Once you're satisfied with the consistency, add the mung bean sprouts.
  • Heat the pan and pour in the oil. Fry the mung bean sprouts mix in batches.
  • Once cooked (doesn't take long), remove from pan and drain in paper towels to remove excess oil.
  • Serve hot. Or at room temperature...together with your favorite dip.


Had that with some ham slices and rice (yes, it was brunch). My three year old and I loved it dipped in sukang Iloko (made from cane vinegar, hence slightly sweeter); we also liked it dipped in balsamic vinegar. :)
...in case you're wondering what it tastes like, well...it reminded me so much of the vegetarian samosas that my sister and I usually get from an Indian deli. :L

Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! <3




get the InLinkz code

18 shared thoughts:

Mirage@Mahlzeit at: Fri Jan 13, 12:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for the feature! :) (FInally!) Kidding...I used to not like toge but when I first had Korean beef I have been addicted since!

Dhemz at: Fri Jan 13, 12:21:00 AM GMT+8 said...

ayay, nakakagutom! I would love to try this dish...madali lang pala...thanks for sharing!

maiylah at: Fri Jan 13, 12:39:00 AM GMT+8 said...


thanks, G
...oo nga, at long last! lol. joke. xD
...i used to hate toge, too...since my mom always made us 'clean' (meaning snap off all those roots one by one...ugh) them before they were cooked. :D
...congratulations!

thanks, Ms. Dhemz
...oo, madali lang siya. if you find the taste of cumin too 'disturbing', you can substitute it with another seasoning. :)

thanks for joining the party again, ladies! <3

Linda A Kinsman at: Fri Jan 13, 01:05:00 AM GMT+8 said...

All these look so yummy, especially the Mung Bean Sprouts!

maiylah at: Fri Jan 13, 01:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...


awww, thanks for dropping by, Linda! :)

Winnie at: Fri Jan 13, 03:21:00 AM GMT+8 said...

The Toge looks delicious!
I'd love to eat it
Mirage is definitely deserves to be featured!

Oggi at: Fri Jan 13, 06:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Parang ukoy. I love it minus the cumin.:)

Kim, USA at: Fri Jan 13, 09:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That for me is healthy dish. And toge is one of my favorite. Yummy!

Unknown at: Fri Jan 13, 10:07:00 AM GMT+8 said...

easy recipe but yummy! want to try that thanks for sharing!

Mika at: Fri Jan 13, 02:03:00 PM GMT+8 said...

waaah natakam naman ako...toge! I forgot to eat that when I was in Manila :(

Better luck next time!

Gene at: Fri Jan 13, 04:51:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Another yummy recipe. One day, I'll list some of your recipes here and buy them all para one whole week, panay luto mo ang ulam ko. Lalo na yung with tofu at toge.

Angi at: Fri Jan 13, 06:38:00 PM GMT+8 said...

the mungo sprouts is perfect too with g's rouladen :)

Jenn at: Fri Jan 13, 09:54:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Once, I got to read that cumin is one underrated spice. At first, I was hesitant to try this because of its smell (smells like pencil shavings to me), but when I first tried it, I just loved its taste.

anney at: Fri Jan 13, 11:08:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Para syang simpleng okoy! Okoy ba o ukoy? ah basta yun! hehehe! Sarap nga nyan sa suka!

Unknown at: Sat Jan 14, 12:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i haven't tried cooking with cumin yet.
bawal ng toge sa amin...bawal kay madir.:p

France@beyondthepeel at: Sat Jan 14, 01:42:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Maiylah, I think those sprouts look great. I would eat it for a late breakfast too!. I'm sharing a recipe for a curried lentil soup with a very delicious raita. Have a fab weekend.

Angela Ricardo at: Sat Jan 14, 05:41:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Would love to try this cooking! MMMMMnnn

Algene at: Tue Jan 17, 03:33:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hello po! Natuwa naman ako sa comment sa email :) Yey, first time kong ma-feature sa Food Meme. Salamat sa opportunity po! :)

- Chic Foodies

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post