Search This Blog

Food Friday



4 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Oggi, with her post: Green Tea Marble Kasutera on her blog I Can Do That!

I must admit, this is the first time that I have heard of this lovely Japanese sponge cake. It does look inviting, specially with those green tea swirls! Want to know how Ms. Oggi made those? Click on the shot!
------------- oo000oo -------------

{{SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT: Have decided to let the linky stay open for five days, instead of three. :)}}

Another easy dish for this week's post: Pasta with Tomato Pesto and Crab Paste


Ingredients

  • Pasta of your choice (all I had was a 3/4 pack [400g] elbow macaroni, but used only half)
  • Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (used around 3 heaping tablespoons)
  • Crab Paste (2 tablespoons, mixed with 1tsp. calamansi juice and 1 chopped garlic)
  • Edamame (roasted and lightly salted) and moringga (dried leaves), both optional



Procedure

  • Cook pasta according to package instructions.
  • Prepare the crab paste by adding the juice and the chopped raw garlic. Set aside.
  • Once the pasta is cooked, drain and mix in the pesto and the crab paste.
  • Mix well; you can add more of the pesto or crab paste if you feel that the taste is lacking.
  • Place in a serving dish and top with the roasted edamame and crushed dried raw moringa leaves.
  • Enjoy!



Yes, no salt or pepper added. The crab paste was already a bit salty; I thought of adding capers, but am glad I didn't. It would have been too salty! No cheese, too! I think it would look nicer if I added a few parsley (or maybe cilantro) leaves, and of course, some sprinklings of chili flakes. But that's just me being me. :D

Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!








get the InLinkz code









4 shared thoughts:

Winnie at: Fri Mar 07, 03:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Maiylah :)
I'm celebrating 3rd blogiversary this week, and I also moved to WP :)

Love Oggi's blog - I'm a regular visitor
And I also love your pasta, although without the crab (it's forbidden for us). Pasta with tomato-sauce is my husband's favorite and I LOVE pesto :)

Oggi at: Fri Mar 07, 07:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Roasted edamame on pasta is a great idea. I'll have to look for some.

Hazel at: Fri Mar 07, 09:19:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I have tried green tea marble kasutera but I must still be getting used to Japanese desserts as I don't remember it to be as particularly yummy as other cakes of international renown. Next time I come here Maiylah I'll make sure my tummy is filled somehow. Your latest creation will drive me somewhere to eat tonight. (I don't have a proper kitchen in my apartment)

BarbViel at: Sat Mar 08, 12:52:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Great recipes once again. Thanks for hosting, Maiylah!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post