Search This Blog

Food Friday



4 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Hazel, with her post "One Fine Morning", on her blog: In the Big Chili.

I have heard of steak and kidney pie before, but haven't tried it myself. Looking at the shot above, I am deeply encouraged to try it! Do click on the shot and visit Ms. Hazel's post!
------------ oo000oo ------------
Another fish post from me (I seem to be more than crazy about fish these days! lol): Tulingan (Tuna) in Coconut Milk and Basil


Ingredients
Tulingan (cleaned, cut, and tail "ripped" off, lol; i used three small ones)
Coconut milk powder (if you have fresh, use that!) mixed accdg. to packet directions
Chili (three or more)
Bellpepper (cut into roughly the same size as the ginger)
Fresh Basil (I initially used around fifteen leaves, chopped)
Pepper, Salt, Ginger


Procedure:
Once the fish is cleaned, cut and tail removed, place in a deep pot.
Add the prepared coconut milk.
Throw in the chili, chopped basil, bellpepper, salt, pepper, and ginger.
Let boil, then simmer for about half an hour. Add more water when needed.
Adjust seasoning, and once satisfied, remove from heat.
Tastes great with sliced fresh tomatoes (with salt), and more sprinklings of chopped fresh basil (both on the fish and the tomatoes), together with steamed rice.


Yes, I ditched the fork and ate with my bare hands that day! lol. I loved the taste of the basil with the fish and coconut milk. The salted tomatoes helped much, too. Soul food!

By the way, since I bought more fresh basil than what I needed that day (even if I got the smallest pack), decided to "store" the remaining 1 1/2c basil (mixed with 1/2 cup coconut oil, then processed in a blender) inside the freezer. Will transfer the frozen basil oil cubes inside a plastic bag; that way, I have my own basil oil whenever I want/need one! :P


Am sure you can do this with other herbs, too. Less wastage this way. Or with fruits (just omit the oil, of course). I usually freeze the fruits that I use for my smoothies. I no longer add ice. :)

Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!






get the InLinkz code


4 shared thoughts:

Hazel at: Fri Mar 14, 02:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh there it is, my steak and kidney pie :) Thanks for the feature.

I'm a fish lover so you can post all the fish dishes you want and I would keep salivating, teheheh. Tuna is pricey in my part of the world so I usually have a blast stuffing myself up with it when I am home. I wonder where do you buy your basil oil cubes Maiylah. That's really interesting.

Oggi at: Fri Mar 14, 04:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I can see you in my mind savoring the tulingan with your bare hands. I think that's the best way to eat fish.:)

Winnie at: Fri Mar 14, 06:16:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you Maiylah for another party :)
Have a terrific weekend

Intelliblog at: Sat Mar 15, 12:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Fish and seafood are very healthful, good to see you're eating a lot of these, Maiylah!
Thanks for hosting.

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post