Ms. Sumee, with her post "Roasted Brussel Sprouts", on her blog: Sumee's Culinary Bites.
|I love eating vegetables, and this is one veggie that I'd love to try! Ms. Sumee's recipe is so simple, it's no wonder it became such a hit with her family! Want to know how she prepared them? Do click on the shot!|
------------ oo000oo ------------
White Squash with Sardines (In Tomato Sauce), that's what I cooked last night. First time I have ever served that veggie here at home, and am so glad my kids liked it. I liked it, too. :)
- White Squash
- Canned sardines in tomato sauce
- moringa leaves
- coconut oil
- onion, garlic, black pepper, salt
- calamansi juice
- soy sauce (optional)
- Skin the white squash then cut and remove the seeds. Dice and set aside.
- Place coconut oil (use your favorite oil) on pan and saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Dump in the diced white squash and mix. Add salt and pepper. Continue cooking till it gets tender (half-cooked), which was roughly around five minutes in my case.
- Add the canned sardines, then let it simmer for another five to seven minutes.
- A few dashes of soy sauce was added at this point. Mix and adjust seasoning.
- Turn off heat and add in a handful of moringa leaves.
- Wait for around two minutes, squeeze some calamansi (to get the juice), then serve.
- Loved it with rice and some crispy fried squid.
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code