Ms. Dominique, with her post Har Gow and Egg Tarts on a Friday, on her blog: From Dominique's Desk.
|I just LOVE the colors on these har gow pieces! I wish I know how to make them! To learn more about the shot above, do click on the shot and see Ms. Dominique's yummy post.|
------------- oo000oo -------------
Squash and Snow Peas Soup is the post for today!
- squash (peeled and chopped)
- snow peas
- chicken stock, cheese, milk, olive oil
- garlic, pepper, salt
- Place the squash together with the garlic cloves in a pan. Drizzle olive oil (or any oil that you have on hand), salt and pepper. Mix. Roast till tender.
- Peel the cloves and mash together with the squash. Set aside.
- Heat chicken stock (or you may opt to use plain water or vegetable stock), then add milk and sliced snow peas. Let simmer.
- Add the mashed mixture together with cheese and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Serve hot.
Honestly, immediately after roasting the squash I couldn't help but gobble a few. Then when I started mashing them I loved it even more because of the roasted garlic. But, I was planning on making soup, so I continued on. My kids liked it; I guess because of the cheese. lol. :P
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code