Ms. Winnie, with her post Challahs and Rolls, sweetened with Date Spread on her blog: Something Sweet.
|Here's another delicious post from Ms. Winnie! Sooo tempting! Do click on the shot and see how she achieved that delicious treat!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
This week's post was something that my sons and I made when someone from Instagram was kind enough to send over some puto molds (when I mentioned that I was having difficulty finding them). I was so excited I immediately looked online for some puto recipes and I found one that I liked: Puto de Moringa (Steamed Muffins). I had the ingredients so we decided to make a batch. I had to modify some of the ingredients, though. Am calling mine simply Very Cheesy Puto Malunggay. :P
Ingredients (adapted from Bits 'n Pieces' Puto de Moringa (Steamed Muffins) post - link above):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 tbsp moringa (malunggay) powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup muscovado sugar
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups water
- cheese slices (i only had Kraft Cheddar cheese, which melted so fast!)
- Mix well all dry ingredients
- Add water and vanilla.Fold in eggs, mix well until free from lumps
- Fill puto molders with the mixture (3/4 full) and arrange in the steamer
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes. Add cheese slices the last two minutes (to avoid the cheese going all over!), if you use one that melts quite fast. If not, you can put the cheese during the last five to six minutes.
I enjoyed making this even if it didn't come out perfectly (no rounded shapes on top, lol). My sons and I had a fun time, too: preparing/mixing/steaming. We made quite a lot for just the three of us, we decided to give some of them to my sister (who lives nearby). It was a yummy and healthy snack! What I didn't like much: the cleaning/washing of the puto molds! LOL
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code