Mr. Nicholas, with his post: Apple Muffins, on his blog: Intelliblog.
|The shot above is really tempting me. I love muffins and this looks like something I'd love to sink my teeth into! If you're curious how Mr. Nick made those, then don't hesitate: click on the shot!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
I was buying our supplies and waiting for my turn, when I happened to look behind the package of flour on my cart; there was a recipe for Cheese Puffs and I got curious. I got most of the ingredients, so here's my Cheese Puffs!
Ingredients: (Adapted from the recipe behind Magnolia's All Purpose Flour)
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium-sized red onion (diced and sauteed)
- 1/2 c cheese (diced)
- Preheat oven toaster (or an oven, to 200 degrees celsius). Grease baking sheets and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt and paprika. In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from fire and add flour mixture. Mix until a thick paste is formed. Cool for around 5mins then add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add sauteed red onions and cheese. Mix until well blended. If too wet, add more flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10mins. Place aluminum foil over balls midway to avoid burning (in my case, since I used an oven toaster). Once fully puffed, remove the foil and wait until golden brown. Delicious when served warm.
Honestly, I had no idea how it would turn out. I was just curious. Surprise: I liked it! I had to use sauteed onions, though...since I didn't have any spring onions (which was on the original recipe). It was savoury, as expected. Am no expert, but I think it would be lovely with jam. Maybe. :)
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code