Chef Win, who blogs over at lamonsakusina with his blog post: Lamb Chops with Honey and White Balsamic Vinegar
------------ oo000oo ------------
I wanted to try Tuyo (Dried Fish, usually salted) Pasta, but I forgot to buy the fish, so this is what I came up with: Mushroom-Olives Spaghetti.
- spaghetti (or your choice of pasta, cooked accdg to package instructions)
- mushrooms, sliced (I used shiitake -which I soaked in water for two hours- since that's what I have, but you can use canned or any other fresh/dried mushrooms that you have available)
- olives (pitted, preferrably; you can use black/green or both)
- all-purpose cream
- salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, onion, water (as needed)
- malunggay powder (optional), or any other fresh herbs as garnish
|some of the ingredients used: all purpose cream, olives, and mushrooms|
- Set aside the cooked spaghetti, keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in pan and saute the sliced garlic and onion. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft (in my case it took around twenty minutes and I had to add a bit of the water where I soaked it).
- Add the sliced olives (you might want to add in olive oil) and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in cream and add water (I used the water where I soaked my mushrooms) until you get the consistency that you want.
- Add pasta and cook over low heat for around half a minute then turn off the heat.
- Transfer on a plate and sprinkle with a bit of the malunggay powder (which is optional). Or you may opt to add parsley or any other fresh herbs, instead.
- Best eaten warm.
I forgot that my eldest wasn't so much into olives (he loves mushrooms, though) so he ate sparingly while my youngest loved it! Yes, he LOVES olives. lol. Me too. :D
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code