Mr. Nicholas, with his post, "Pasteli" on his site: Intelliblog.
|Who would have thought that you'd only need three ingredients to make this healthy treat?! Yes, only three (but you can add more, if you want). Click on the shot to find out!|
------------ oo000oo ------------
I decided to pass by the wet market earlier today, and was quite happy to find shrimps that were still alive! Of course, I just had to buy half a kilo, which became my post for today: Spaghetti with Shrimp and Basil.
- Fresh Shrimps
- Spaghetti (cooked accdg. to package directions)
- Basil cubes (I used only around six cubes)
- garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Clean the shrimps (meaning, just cut off the sharp rostrum tip and pull the pair of antennule; we seldom remove the shells and devein them before cooking - the taste is somewhere in those shells! lol)
- Place in pan, with about half a cup of water, and lots of cracked pepper. Add around half a teaspoon of salt, and a few dashes of garlic powder.
- Cover the pan, or else the shrimps will go jumping away!
- Cook until it turns reddish-orange, then add in the frozen basil cubes (made them here). Turn off heat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add to the cooked spaghetti.
- You may add chili flakes, if you want.
I added the basil cubes only after the shrimps were cooked since I didn't want to cook the basil so much. I loved it! So easy, and fast! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code