Search This Blog

Food Friday



2 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Oggi, with her post: Australian Meat Pies, on her site, I Can Do That!

I am always impressed with Ms. Oggi's kitchen creations and she always makes it sound so easy (and very inspiring)! Click the shot above to learn how she made those savory meat pies ... and yes, it's like "easy as pie"! :)
------------- oo000oo -------------

A couple of days ago I noticed some canned liver spreads at the grocery where I usually shop; and as I was about to reach for a can, a thought came to me: Unwanted Additives! I decided I'd make my own liver spread, instead. :P


Ingredients:

  • Liver (i used pork, around 1/4kg)
  • onion leaves, cilantro,
  • bellpepper (1 large or 2 med sized ones)
  • ginger (around an inch long)
  • garlic (i used a whole bulb)
  • cumin (1 tsp)
  • Italian seasoning (1 tsp)
  • juice of one lemon
  • Worcestershire sauce (few dashes)
  • salt, pepper
  • cooking oil (optional)



Procedure:

  • Slice the liver into small sizes then place in pot. Add in the other ingredients, except for the c.oil.
  • Once cooked (adjust seasoning, if you want), transfer to a blender/food processor.
  • Process until you are satisfied with the consistency. If you find it a bit dry, add oil but not too much.
  • That's it!


- I stored the leftovers in the freezer (divided into "serving sizes").


I must say, I was a very satisfied person that day! I added mayonnaise and diced red onion to the liver mixture, then slathered it into a pair of toasted wheat-cranberry bread slices, topped with tomatoes and cilantro. I also paired it with crackers, which I liked. The next day, I added some to our omelette (with some cheese). Will definitely be making another batch again, once it's all gone.

This is definitely healthier than the canned version! :P

Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!






get the InLinkz code


2 shared thoughts:

Anonymous at: Fri Feb 21, 07:15:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love liver spread! I also love adding in mayo in it. But well, I use the canned one, so yeah there are a lot of additives in it for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It looks so yummy! And a lot healthier indeed! Will try this one out over the weekend :D

Intelliblog at: Sat Feb 22, 07:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Great food ideas! Thanks for hosting, Maiylah.

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post