Ms. Dominique, with her post: Rainbow Cake and Set Lunch on a Friday, on her blog, From Dominique's Desk.
|Isn't that a cute shot? A Rainbow Cake and a sweet smile is always an eye-catcher (for me)! Click on the shot and see the story behind it! :)|
------------- oo000oo -------------
While walking home, I decided to check in on one of the wet markets along the way. I was very much surprised to see LIVE tilapia (fish) being sold, I know I just had to buy at least a kilogram. I saw that he had mussels, too ... so I got myself half a kilo. Here is what I did with my loot. :P
|Drunken Mussles and Steamed Tilapia|
For the Drunken Mussels
- half a kilogram of mussels (cleaned and debearded)
- one onion, chopped
- five garlic cloves, chopped
- ginger (around an inch), chopped
- one tablespoon butter
- around a cup of beer
- Place the mussels in a container and dump in the other ingredients. Place inside steamer and cook until the shells have opened. Easy-peasy! :)
For the Steamed Tilapia
- fresh tilapia (cleaned and scales removed)
- garlic, ginger, onion, tomato (all sliced)
- salt, pepper, calamansi/lemon juice
- Place fish first then add in the other ingredients, except for the juice. Cook in steamer, for about twenty minutes. Once cooked, add in the juice. Remove and serve immediately.
I know, adding loads of mayonnaise in that steamed tilapia is not healthy. lol. But it tasted real good! Hubby and I had a feast that day. :D
Oh, before I forget: Happy Hearts Day!!!! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code