Mr. Nicholas, with his post: Summer Salad, on his site, Intelliblog.
------------- oo000oo -------------
This week's post is something that we tried for the fist time at home: Tempura Sticks (Crab and Pacific White Fish Flavor).
- crab sticks (kani kama/imitation crab meat) - 1 pack
- tempura flour
- tempura sauce
- oil for fying
- Thaw the crab sticks thoroughly.
- Heat oil (for deep frying) in pan.
- Mix tempura flour with water (follow package instructions).
- Once the oil is hot, dip the crab stick in the tempura flour mix then fry. It won't take long; the sticks are already cooked, so once it turns golden brown take it off the hot pan. Place on plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Keep warm. I decided to cut the sticks in half; makes for easier eating that way.
- Pour tempura sauce in serving bowl, and place beside the fried crab sticks.
- Dip and enjoy!
My sons always order kani tempura when we eat in our favorite Japanese restaurants and so I thought: why not make some here at home! This time I chose the "easy" way, though. Buying everything (the tempura flour and the tempura sauce) instead of making them from scratch. The result was so-so. I mean, it tasted similar to the ones that we eat in the restaurants, but something was still lacking. Maybe the ambiance from the restaurant? LOL.
All in all, a good enough experience. Will try making my own flour and sauce next time. If I have the time. :P
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code