Mr. Nicholas, with his post: Smoked Salmon and Spinach Salad, on his site, Intelliblog.
|This is perfect after all that feasting the past couple of days! If you want to know how Mr. Nicholas made this easy and nutritious salad, then I suggest you go and click the shot above!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
This week's post is something that I tried making for the first time: Tofu Gising-Gising (which literally means Tofu Wake-Up Wake-Up). LOL. I know, it sounds weird.
- Tofu (firm preferred, diced/cubed)
- Coconut milk
- Chili (pith and seeds removed to lessen the heat)
- onion and garlic (diced)
- salt, pepper, fish sauce (optional)
- oil for frying
- Fry the tofu, then set aside. Remove excess oil (leave about two tablespoons for sauteeing). Add onion, garlic, and chili. Mix every now and then; don't burn.
- Next add the fried tofu, then dump in the coconut milk.
- Simmer for around five minutes then adjust the seasoning.
- Remove from fire once satisfied.
- Yummy when eaten warm.
It was a bit spicy, but really manageable since I took out all the pith and seeds. Ok, a few were stubborn. :P I liked it! There are different variations... some use meat (usually pork or chicken) instead of tofu. We had tofu to spare, so we used that. :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code