Ms. Winnie, with her post: Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze, on her blog: Something Sweet.
|Ms. Winnie's creations are always a delight! Always tempting and makes me wish more than ever that we were neighbors! Click on the shot above if you want to know how she made those yummy treats!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
This week's post is something that I consider as soul food: Dulong (Silver Fish) Patties. Back home we used to have that at least once a week (being a coastal city) and sometimes my mom would just add boiling water, sliced onions, and calamansi (yes, really!) or if we have time, we make them into patties and fry them. Below is my own version (my mom never added parsley; she wanted it simple and clean: eggs, a bit of flour, salt, pepper, and fish only then fried). Don't get me wrong! I love our original version! It's just that some ingredients are now readily available from where I'm at, and why not use them, right? ;P
- dulong (silver fish = commonly called as such because of it's being silver. lol. back home we call it "bolinao"; they look similar to whitebait fish/anchovies, but way way way way smaller.)
- onion and garlic
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Clean the dulong (remove anything that does not look like the silver fish); refrain from adding water, then set aside.
- Chop the parsley, dice the onion and garlic, then mix together with the cleaned bowl of silver fish.
- Crack an egg, then add salt and pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly but gently.
- Heat up the pan with oil, then fry the flat patties.
- Delicious served with ketchup and hot, fragrant steamed rice.
I paired mine with some juicy tomatoes and hot steaming rice. I ate loads of rice that day! lol. My brother likes it with pickled unripe papaya (atchara), or simply with garlicky coconut vinegar (and rice, of course). YUM!
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code