Ms. Oggi, with her food post, Moussaka, on her blog: I Can Do That!
|Am not that familiar with Greek dishes, but I had the chance to taste Moussaka ages ago. I was surprised to find out that it had eggplants! If you want to know how Ms. Oggi made this, then do click on the shot above!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
My post is: Spaghetti in Carrot Juice.
This was a first for me; oh yeah, we sometimes put diced carrots (or even diced eggplants) into our spaghetti, but using the juice was a first. Actually, I wanted my kids to drink the carrot juice, but after seeing the faces that they made during the first sip... I just knew they wouldn't drink it willingly. Since they love spaghetti .... why not, right? :D
pasta (cooked accdg. to package intructions)
ground beef (or you may use any vegan substitute)
soy sauce, worcestershire sauce,
diced onion and garlic, salt, pepper
cheese (i used grated cheddar)
|some of the ingredients used|
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. I used only half of a 240g pack.
- Place ground beef in pot, mixed with a bit of water. Add salt, pepper, onions, garlic, and dash of worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Cook until water has evaporated and meat is brown.
- Pour in carrot juice and the tomato paste. Do some more mixing. I used up all the tomato paste while the juice was around a cup or so. As usual, I should have measured it, but I didn't. :P
- Add grated cheese. As many (or as little) as you like. Adjust seasoning.
- Dump in the cooked pasta. Add around a tablespoon of butter (just because I like butter, lol), but this is optional. Mix.
The kids loved the spaghetti, though the eldest commented that the sauce was slightly sweet (in a good way). Am mighty glad that they had their carrot juice! The shot above was the leftover, which I had for breakfast the next day, together with some avocado slices (with salt, pepper, and calamansi juice). I know, VERY WEIRD breakfast, but it totally works for me. :D
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code