Mr. Nicholas V., with his post Tartufo, on his blog: Intelliblog.
|The humidity right now is unbearable, so this cool treat would be perfect! Want to know how Nick did that? Then click the shot above to find out! You'll love it!|
------------ oo000oo ------------
This week's food post for me is something I found out just recently: small eggplants! I know, there are different varieties out there, but I just fell in love with these small ones the moment I saw them. Am calling this simply Steamed Eggplants and Okra.
- Fresh eggplants and okra
- olive oil, butter, spicy bagoong (salty shrimp paste), crushed garlic
- pepper, salt, ground nutmeg
- Wash the veggies, cut off the ends (if you want) and as much as possible make sure there are no unwanted "parasites" inside. It happens, you know. lol. I sliced the okras, but left the eggplants alone. You may do whatever suits you, of course.
- Place on container that can withstand steaming (in my case, I used one of those disposable aluminum containers). Drizzle olive oil, add some sliced butter, and about a tablespoon of your favorite spicy shrimp paste. Don't forget the crushed garlic and ground nutmeg! The pepper (and salt, if you want, but go easy since the shrimp paste is already salty), too.
- Let steam for about ten minutes, or less. Take out of the steamer.
- Serve either hot, or at room temperature.
My sons didn't want to have any of this, lol. One, they don't like eggplants and okra (am still determined to make them like it, lol), and two, even if the youngest likes shrimp paste, he couldn't stand the spiciness. It was delicious paired with rice and grilled pork chops, which my sister cooked. I know, I got the easy part! :D
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code