Ms Dominique with her post Monkey Boy Cooking on a Friday, on her blog, From Dominique's Desk.
------------ oo000oo ------------
Am afraid my food post for this week isn't really healthy...and it's not something that I'd recommend that you eat daily. lol. Peanut butter, Banana, and Marshmallow Sandwich. That's what it's called.
- two slices of bread (i used whole wheat)
- one banana, sliced (you may use your fave variety; we only had plantain that day, so that was what i used)
- peanut butter (your choice..i used creamy)
- marshmallows (i think it would look way better if i used white smaller sized marshmallows...lol)
- muscovado sugar (or you may use maple/chocolate syrup)
- Using an oven toaster, toast the bread slices slightly before slathering with peanut butter.
- Place the banana slices on one bread while the marshmallows on the other bread slice.
- Toast both slices until the marshmallows expands, gets gooey, and turns brown on top.
- Remove from the oven toaster (or the oven), then add muscovado sugar (or maple/chocolate syrup) on top of the toast with the banana slices.
- Place the marshmallow topped toast on top of the banana topped toast.
I first found this recipe online (yeah, this isn't a Maiylah Original. hehe) a couple of weeks ago, and got curious. I only managed to buy marshmallows this week, so I thought I'd try this. I didn't think I'd like the mix, but I did! It wasn't overly sweet at all, much to my surprise. My youngest son who was with me at that time didn't like it that much, though. That's because he doesn't like peanut butter; he says he prefers eating REAL peanuts instead of peanuts with butter in it. lol. :D
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code