Search This Blog

Food Friday



7 shared thoughts
This week's featured player is...

Ms. Marge, with her blog post Rellenong Pusit (Stuffed Squid) on her blog, Pinoy Kitchenette.

Doesn't that look delicious! I haven't been cooking squid as much as I'd love to, because I can't seem to find any fresh and big ones in the market. Sadly, I almost always cook it adobo-style. lol. I have never ever tried cooking stuffed squid and maybe it's about time I start, thanks to Ms. Marge's easy to follow recipe! I really encourage you to check out her yummy food blog...who know? You might find that recipe you've always wanted to try, in her blog!
------------ oo000oo ------------

My post this week is a dessert which is pretty common, a no-bake cheesecake. I just presented it in a different way, though. lol. My sons (yeah, they did help) and I made Raspberry-Dragon Fruit No-bake Cheesecake.


Ingredients:
Crust:
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c brown sugar (i used muscovado sugar)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (i used 1 tsp)
1/3 c melted butter

Pie:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
2 tsp lemon juice (i used 2 tbsp calamansi juice)
1/3 c white sugar
1 pint whipping cream ( i used 1 250ml very cold all purpose cream)

Toppings
1 dragon fruit, chopped
1 can raspberries in heavy syrup
1 can whipped cream (spray) - optional

some of the ingredients used were:
upper left: dragon fruit
upper right: crust mixture
below: canned raspberries

Procedure:
Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, brown/muscovado sugar, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter then mix well. Set aside for a bit.
In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and lemon/calamansi juice until soft. Mix the cream and sugar well, then add that to the cream cheese mixture.

Assemble:
Press graham cracker mixture into wine glass, then top it off with the cream cheese mixture. Repeat. I made around two layers on a narrow-rimmed (but with a broad body) wine glass (not sure what it's called, really...burgundy glass?), then topped it off with the fruits and sprayed whipped cream on top. I used the syrup from the canned raspberry for added sweetness. The kids loved it. Yes, they couldn't wait...they just had to eat it immediately. :D

I assembled my cheesecake differently, though. I added the fruits first, then the cream cheese, then the graham cracker crumbs. Yes, added whipped cream, too. :)


Messy, but yummy! My sons and I had a fun time making our snack that afternoon. We had to use canned raspberries, of course, since we couldn't find fresh ones. Am not even sure if they grow around here! My initial reaction to the berries: tasted like medicine, but it was tolerable. Reminded me of the medicines I had to endure while growing up! lol. Good thing my sons loved the raspberry-dragon fruit combination. We will be making it again, soon. Maybe with another fruit combo this time. :)

Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :) 



get the InLinkz code

7 shared thoughts:

Intelliblog at: Fri Oct 05, 08:46:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Those desserts look scrumptious!
Thanks for hosting.

Yue at: Fri Oct 05, 10:34:00 PM GMT+8 said...

ang sarap naman yan!

cHeErFuL at: Fri Oct 05, 10:41:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Joining back again after long months...:) Sharing Isabelle's Rainbow Cake and Cupcakes. Anyway, ang sarap nyang Rellenong Pusit and your Raspberry-Dragon Fruit No-bake Cheesecake looks so great. Gayahin ko iyan one of these days and I will let you know, thanks sa recipe. Happy weekend.

Dexie at: Sat Oct 06, 01:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

WOW. I want some, like now :D

Jenn at: Sat Oct 06, 11:58:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I personally don't like the taste of dragon fruit (it's bland for me), but I guess pairing it with raspberries then adding cream cheese to it will give it the oomph it needed (taste wise).

Zenserly at: Sun Oct 07, 02:49:00 PM GMT+8 said...

oh my, that is so yummy!!!!! gosh I feel shy, I still haven't come up with something to share here after all these weeks...just coming to give my eyes a feast again :-) happy weekend on your side of the world....

Pinoy Kitchenette at: Sun Oct 14, 11:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks for liking the rellenong pusit maylah! and for featuring it too!

have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post