Ms. Ann, who owns the blog Ann Ordinario: Wife, Mom, PT (Celebrating Life), with her blog post: Dinner at Tony Roma's Ribs Seafood Steak
------------ oo000oo ------------
This week's food post is Fried Rice (with cheese, squash and tofu). I know, kind of weird, right? ;)
- steamed rice
- squash (cut into thin strips)
- tofu (sliced and fried)
- cheese slices (I used cheddar cheese)
- scrambled eggs
- cooking oil, pepper and salt
- fish sauce (optional)
- I marinated the tofu slices overnight first (soy sauce, paprika, mixed herbs: rosemary, sage, thyme, and basil), then fried them. After letting them cool, I sliced them thinly.
- while waiting for the pan to become hot, prepare the rice (usually we use leftover steamed rice for this dish; much easier to handle). Just a matter of separating the grains, making sure it will be heated through.
- Saute the squash slices; this wouldn't take long, adding a bit of salt, if you want. Remove and place together with the tofu.
- Cook the scrambled eggs, then remove and place together with the tofu and squash.
- Usually the scrambled eggs will absorb all the oil, so you need to add another tablespoon or so of cooking oil.
- Once hot, add the rice and stir to make sure it's heated through. Add salt and pepper, if you want.
- Add the scrambled eggs, squash, and tofu to the rice and mix again. I added fish sauce at this point. Once you're satisfied, transfer to a serving plate. Top with sliced cheddar cheese.
- Enjoy together with your viand.
I paired the fried rice together with some fresh tomato slices and fish (cooked in a bit of water, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili, and lots of garlic). :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code