Search This Blog

Food Friday



32 shared thoughts
Mushrooming without Fear: The Beginner's Guide to Collecting Safe and Delicious MushroomsLast Sunday we happened to get ourselves a bag of this yummy oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus spp.), after I pestered hubby that we stop by Mushroom Burger (Tagaytay) before going home. I wasn't sure what to do with the mushrooms but I wanted something quick and easy (as usual). Since we were having eggs for breakfast the next day, I thought I'd do an omellete.

Here's what I did: chopped the mushrooms in small sizes (didn't wash them or else they'd absorb all the water! just 'dusted off' some small particles that wasn't part of the fungi), then sauteed them gently in melted unsalted butter. I also added a bit of  pepper, smoked paprika and a few drops of soy sauce. No salt. When wilted I took them out and added the scrambled eggs to the pan. Dropped the cooked mushrooms on top of the eggs, folded it, then continued cooking until it was set (sorry, I don't like my eggs to be runny). I was supposed to add cheese before folding it over, but I forgot. Hehehe.

I ate mine with rice while the rest of the family ate theirs with buttered toast. :D

post for:
food friday

Food Friday Players:


ps. should have done this EONS ago: adding a backlink to those who played as my way of saying thanks for linking back. :)

32 shared thoughts:

☺lani☺ at: Fri Mar 04, 12:10:00 AM GMT+8 said...

New background again :), nice! Yummy mushroom omelet! Happy Friday!

 gmirage at: Fri Mar 04, 03:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

We've always loved mushroomburger even as kids! Hindi naman nakakasawa lol. So when we went home last summer, I made sure hubby would get them from the original branch, dyan sa Tagaytay.

mukhang tag-ulan na naman dami na uli mushroom, sbagay lagi sila madami nyan :D Sarap na just reading how you cooked it!

blankPixels of Certified Foodies at: Fri Mar 04, 03:20:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I've only tried the canned mushrooms. LOL But, this looks yummy. Gotta try it. Thanks for sharing! :)

i♥pinkc00kies at: Fri Mar 04, 03:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

yummy mushrooms!!

http://u8mypinkcookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/gourmet-pao.html
http://u8mypinkcookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicken-mushroom-noodles-once-more.html

Dez at: Fri Mar 04, 05:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Bibimbap dish for my Food Friday here:

http://life-upsidedown.info/2011/03/food-friday-bibimbap/

maiylah at: Fri Mar 04, 07:28:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Lani
...if i have the time, mas marami pang revisions sana, lol. happy Friday to you, too!

thanks, G
...oo nga, dami nito dun palagi! lol. meron din sila, ung dried (at iba-ibang mushrooms available), which i'll get next time. :)

thanks, blankPixels
...yup, you should try cooking fresh mushroom sometimes. :)

thanks, pinkc00kies
...i should definitely try those hand-pulled noodles from MeyLin and those yummy (but expensive, lol) gourmet siopao! :)

thanks, Dez
...your bibimbap shot made me drool...sarap i-try! though i would probably have taken out the soft cooked egg. ;)

many many thanks again for playing!
enjoy the weekend! lapit na... ♥

Heather S-G at: Fri Mar 04, 07:30:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Those mushrooms are beautiful! I would love to eat them folded into an omelet...with some chives and goat cheese...mmmm! Here's my FF entry: Soft Buttermilk Waffles http://www.girlichef.com/2011/03/soft-buttermilk-waffles.html. Thanks so much for hosting =)

Cheerful at: Fri Mar 04, 09:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

sounds delicious...love to do it, wonder if kids will like it! btw, joining again this week and thanks for sharing your recipe! happy friday! :)

PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

Ladynred at: Fri Mar 04, 09:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love mushroom. Looks yummy!

Julie at: Fri Mar 04, 09:29:00 AM GMT+8 said...

sarap yan with mayo, ketchup and pickle relish, ala-pancake House serving :)

I usually cook this with chicken, sabaw and sotanghon

My SuTuKil crabs post is up. Happy Friday!

maiylah at: Fri Mar 04, 12:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, girlichef
...your waffles had me drooling!!!!

thanks, Cheerful
...my two-year old wasn't so into it at first, but he's learning. lol

thanks, Ms. Agring
...loved your yummilicious strawberry cheesecake post!

thanks, T. Julie
...i was thinking how to cook it with 'sabaw'...next time i'll try your version. or something similar. :)

many thanks again, ladies!
enjoy the weekend! we're almost there... ♥

Race at: Fri Mar 04, 04:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

wow sarap nyan maiylah! take note ko ng recipe mo, problem na lang malayo yata binilhan mo ng mushroom mo hehehe! anyway meron naman din dito ibang brand, looks real yummy, mahilig ako sa various omelette recipes!

here's my entry this week:
http://www.edmfun.com/2011/03/ffftf-seoul-barbecues-japchae.html

happy weekend to all!

Halie at: Fri Mar 04, 04:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That's a great breakfast! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

My entries

Roasted Chicken with Mango Glaze
http://halieskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/roasted-chicken-with-mango-glaze.html

My Thai Review
http://halieskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-thai-eastwood-mall-branch.html

maiylah at: Fri Mar 04, 05:03:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Race
...oo nga, medyo malayo ung sa Tagaytay. lol

thanks, Halie
...and you're welcome! :)

many thanks for playing again, ladies!

happy weekend! ♥

mymy at: Fri Mar 04, 07:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

posting for FF again! :>

Anonymous at: Fri Mar 04, 09:49:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :) Have a happy weekend!

Here's my entry for this week:
http://www.kriskamarie.com/2011/03/piggin-out-with-gia-and-jeff-p.html

Oggi at: Fri Mar 04, 10:43:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The oyster mushrooms look very pretty and the omelette scrumptiuos. I want.:)

FF: Chicken Binakol

Happy weekend.

peachkins at: Fri Mar 04, 10:53:00 PM GMT+8 said...

love the mushroom shot!

maiylah at: Sat Mar 05, 12:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Mymy
...hehehe! :>

thanks, Kriska Marie,
...hope things are well with you, and welcome to Food Friday! :)

thanks, Ms Oggi
...your chicken binakol got me 'thinking'...would love to try it soon!

thanks, Peachkins
...hope your sister's enjoying her new lens right now! :)

appreciate your playing again this Friday, ladies!
happy weekend! ♥

Desi at: Sat Mar 05, 12:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

First time to Food Friday... here is my recipe submission!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/02/loaded-baked-potato-dip.html

maiylah at: Sat Mar 05, 01:28:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Desi
...welcome to Food Friday! :)

enjoy your weekend! ♥

I♥thesecrazykids at: Sat Mar 05, 07:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I've never heard of Food Friday. Looking forward to reading more. I'm a new follower from Weekend Blog Hop. Please stop by and follow me back :) Have a great weekend!

A Helicopter Mom at: Sat Mar 05, 07:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Very cook photos! That omelette looks really good. :)

I'm a new follower from Friday's Blog Hop. I'd love it if you'd follow back!

Thanks,
Mickey
www.ahelicoptermom.com

maiylah at: Sat Mar 05, 08:21:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks I♥thesecrazykids,
...this is a weekly food meme; haven't really advertised it. you're welcome to join, if you want. followed you back. :)

thanks, Mickey
...appreciate it! following you back :)

Arlene at: Sat Mar 05, 10:11:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Mai, mushroom like this is one of my fave food in China. I love it best when dipped in eggs and deep fry. i love it crunchy.

Bahala late mai, nag post jud ko. hehehe

Jenny at: Sat Mar 05, 11:38:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I never liked mushrooms until I met my hubby. I never knew what I was missing! They are so good!!!

Found you on the blog hop! I’m your newest follower!
http://moenysavingtips.blogspot.com/

Monica at: Sun Mar 06, 02:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for offering another great reason to plant trees...I’ve posted it on my blog!!

Monica

http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Laura-A Goddess of Frugality at: Sun Mar 06, 08:19:00 AM GMT+8 said...

New GFC follower from Tara's Weekend Hop. Have a good one:)

anya at: Mon Mar 07, 12:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i posted my entry thursday night but then i forgot to comment and link here, so after that effort, i'm still late for fodd friday, hehe :P

i love mushrooms, i love it stir fried in butter with some veggies and ham :)

Erin Wallace at: Mon Mar 07, 01:44:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I LURVE mushrooms - they are perhaps my favorite thing (besides ice cream). I'm sitting here eating microwaved taquitos wandering why I'm not eating an oyster mushroom omelette instead!

You have a lovely blog and I'm happy to have found it. I'm here from Tara's weekend blog hop and am your newest follower. Have a great day!

aceIN photography at: Mon Mar 07, 04:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

yum. your newest blog hop follower. would LOVE a follow back! you can find me at:

http://www.aceandfriendsco.com
http://www.twitter.com/aceandfriendsco

LOTS of FUN giveaways. stop by to enter!

maiylah at: Mon Mar 07, 04:20:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, 'Lene
...no worries about being late. :)

thanks, Jenny
...followed you right back :)

thanks, Monica
...appreciate it! :)

thanks, Laura
...am your newest follower!

thanks, Anya
...oo nga, will try that next time we get another batch of fresh mushrooms

thanks, Erin
...love your blog, too!
and also followed you back :)

thanks, ace and friends
...followed you back; loved the font that you used! :)

many thanks for dropping by, ladies!
enjoy the rest of the week! ♥

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post