Ms. Czjai, with her post: French Toast with a Twist, on her blog, The Rebel Sweetheart.
|Now that would be a lovely sight to wake up to! Want to know how to make it yourself? Click on the shot and check out Ms. Czjai's yummy post!|
----------- oo000oo ------------
My youngest and I cooked this a couple of afternoons ago: Devil's Food Cake topped with Almond Butter. Honestly, we had no idea what we were going to add as a topping, so we gathered what we had available, and decided to play. :)
- almond butter
- cream cheese
- honey (organic, raw, and unfiltered preferred)
- one box cake mix (we chose Devil's Food Cake because of it's name, lol)
- Cook cake according to package instructions.
- Let cool.
- While it's cooling, mix the three ingredients. Sorry, I didn't measure them. Ugh, my bad.
- We were having too much fun mixing things up.
- Add the topping only after the cake has cooled. That doesn't mean we didn't eat a few pieces while it was still hot, though. :P
We bought those pretty little shiny candy drops together with the cake mix. We all thought it would look real pretty on top of those cakes. Not that tasty, though. lol. We decided to ditch them and leave the rest of the cupcakes candy-drops free after our first taste. Can't deny it looks pretty! :P
Yes, the cake mix was delicious. Loved the chocolatey taste.
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code