Ms. Winnie, with her post "Soft Challahs with Semolina" on her blog: Something Sweet.
|Now who wouldn't want to have a piece of that!!! I wish I know how to make my own breads, like Ms. Winnie! I'll get there...eventually. In the meantime, do try to click on the shot if you want to know how that gorgeous bread was made!|
------------- oo000oo -------------
What to do if I have more carrots than the usual? Make it into a soup! This is my Cheesy Carrot Soup (with some burnt pandesals on the side, lol).
- Carrots (used 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced)
- Celery (as little or as much as you like)
- Cheese (all I had was cheddar, but you can use whatever you want)
- Cream (used half a 250ml pack, but you can add more)
- Ground pork (totally optional)
- garlic, onion, soy sauce, salt, pepper
- nutmeg, cream
|some of the ingredients used, and the pureed veggies|
- Place the peeled and chopped carrots, together with the celery, in the blender. Add about a cup of water. Blend till you're satisfied. Set aside.
- Brown some meat on a pan, together with some onion and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, and a few dashes of soy sauce.
- Dump the pureed veggies, then mix. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. I added garlic powder at this stage.
- Let simmer for around three minutes, then add the cheese. Once melted, take off the heat then pour in the cream. Mix well and taste. Adjust seasoning until satisfied.
- Delicious served warm with bread (or with rice and another viand).
My youngest doesn't like the taste of celery so much, hence I decided to blend it together with the carrots. Added the cheese to make sure the kids would love it ... and they did! :) Me, I liked it, too (even if am not really a carrot fan). ;P
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code