Ms. Hazel, with her post: To the suburbs we go, on her blog HazelCeej.
------------- oo000oo -------------
My post: Home-made Strawberry Topping
My son wanted to make (and eat, lol) cheesecake (the no-bake kind) but we didn't have any ready-made (in other words, CANNED) toppings. So, we made our own!
- Strawberries (frozen, or fresh)
- sugar, cinnamon
- vanilla, water
- butter (totally optional; I just felt like adding it)
- Place fresh/frozen fruits in pot. Add a bit of water.
- Drizzle sugar, some ground cinnamon, vanilla, and butter.
- Simmer and mix every now and then until fruits are soft and liquid gets thick.
- Add some more water if needed.
- Remove from fire once satisfied with the consistency.
- Let cool completely before adding to your cheesecake.
I think our strawberry topping needed more sugar (compared to the canned version), but I really didn't mind. I liked it. It tasted more ... real. :P
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code