Chef Erwin, with his post Sliced Cold Beef in Chili Oil, on his blog: lamonsakusina.
|I just love this recipe since you get to use the broth in another dish, too! But, am getting way ahead of you ... I highly encourage you to click on the shot above and see what I am talking about! :)|
------------- oo000oo -------------
This was the first time that I have seen frozen spinach (lol, yeah so true!) in the frozen section of the grocery, so I just know I had to grab a pack (they were all in 500g packs). Initially I had no idea what to do with it, so it sat in the freezer for about a week. Then while watching Rachel Ray on tv, I saw her adding raw chopped spinach to her mashed potatoes! She used fresh, while I had frozen. Still, I liked the idea. And .... here it is! I did some modifications, though. But I did get the idea from her. :)
This week's post is Mashed Potatoes with Spinach.
- Potatoes (I used 3 medium sized ones)
- Chopped spinach (around 125g, raw and frozen)
- butter, cheese, pepper, salt, nutmeg (ground)
- Boil the potatoes (I chose to peel then boil mine together with some beef bones; totally optional).
- Once cooked and tender, remove then place in bowl big enough for mashing together with the other ingredients.
- While still hot, put the raw (and slightly thawed) chopped spinach in, then mash and mix. Add the butter (as much or as little as you like), cheese (I was trying to consume the cheese spread, so I used that; about five little squares of different flavors), salt and pepper, then just a sprinkling of ground nutmeg. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Delicious while still hot, or at room temperature.
I tell you, we all loved it! Though I think the spinach could have been chopped smaller. It was cheesy, which was perfect with the roasted chicken that we had. But I think this would be great with any dish! I even loved eating it as is...yes. Honestly.
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code