Ms. Jenn, with her post Kebabers (SM Fairview), on her blog: Tara, Let's Eat!
|I love going on food adventures, and that is just what Ms. Jenn and her sister did on the post above. Want to know what she ordered for herself that day? Then I suggest you go and visit her post! :)|
------------- oo000oo -------------
My post for this week: Cheesy Squash-Macaroni Soup.
- squash (cut in any way you want; I sort of "diced" mine)
- cheese (i used cheddar)
- ground pork (totally optional; you may use tofu instead or other protein source)
- milk (or cream)
- canola oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning
- Saute onion and garlic then add ground pork, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook until brown and fat has been rendered. Remove fat if it is too much.
- Dump squash, mix a bit, then add water (or chicken/vegetable stock), macaroni and the Italian seasoning. Let it simmer until the squash gets soft, and the pasta is cooked. Mash some of the squash and add milk until you are satisfied with the creaminess. Add cheese.
- Adjust taste to your liking. Add some more cheese.
- Enjoy while still hot.
Am not sure if that milk and oats did anything different to the dish, but my eldest son said that it did. Maybe his taste is more sensitive than mine, lol. But this is one way of getting my youngest to "drink" his milk since he's not that fond of milk anymore. Good thing he likes yogurt! :)
All in all, a lovely afternoon snack for the three of us ... while watching cartoons on tv.
Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code