Ms. Hazel, with her blog post Mango Daiquiri, on her blog: Bedight.
|I am not very adventurous when it comes to drinks, but this looks like something I'd love to try! I will definitely keep this in mind...or maybe mix my own using Ms. Hazel's recipe! Want to try it, too? Check out her post (click on the shot)!|
------------ oo000oo ------------
Something 'hot' for my first 2013 Food Friday post: Cheesy Dynamite. It's not me who coined this dish's name. Had my first taste when hubby's friend sent some over for us to taste. As usual, I just had to do something different: instead of frying it, we baked ours. :)
- fresh chili peppers
- ground pork
- onion, garlic, pepper and salt, soy sauce, and a bit of vinegar
- cheese (we used cheddar)
- olive oil for drizzling
- Mix ground pork, water, diced garlic and onion, salt, pepper, and a few drops of soy sauce and vinegar. Place on pot and cook until the liquid has decreased considerably. Adjust seasoning, then turn off heat. Set aside.
- Slice the chili lengthwise, then take out the seeds from the peppers (that's to lessen the spiciness). You may opt to wear plastic gloves to spare yourself from the 'heat'.
- Stuff with the cooked ground pork, then top it off with the cheese. Do the same thing for the remaining chili. Drizzle olive oil on top of the peppers.
- Place in a preheated oven (around 225 degrees celsius or 437 degrees fahrenheit) for around 20mins. or until the cheese melts and gets bubbly.
- Serve with rice or in our case: cheesy macaroni soup.
Honestly, it was hubby who did most of the cooking while I was in charge of the kids (we were playing, lol). Our 4year old didn't take one (he binged on the cheesey macaroni soup), while our eldest ate around four pieces (yes, he liked it). We thought of pairing it with rice, but the soup won. Yeah, we will be doing this again someday. Maybe use cream cheese instead of the pork... :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
Loading InLinkz ...