Ms. Oggi, with her post Red Velvet Doughnuts, on her blog: I Can Do That!
------------ oo000oo ------------
Malabar Spinach, Corn and Pork Soup...this week's post.
- pork cuts (I used pork shoulder)
- fresh corn, malabar spinach (also called alugbati in our part of the world)
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- garlic and ginger (squashed)
- fish sauce (optional)
- Place pork cuts in pot with water, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and ginger. Boil, then keep simmering until tender.
- Remove the kernels from the corn cob, then place into the pot with the pork cuts. Continue simmering until corn the gets cooked.
- Adjust seasoning. Once satisfied, turn off heat and throw in the sliced malabar spinach leaves. Cover lid for a couple of minutes to allow the leaves to cook.
- Best served hot.
My sister's alugbati plant was growing up so fast, I just couldn't resist taking some of it to cook at home. I was afraid my sons wouldn't like it, that's why I sliced the leaves instead of putting them whole in the soup. I really liked the almost earthy-like taste it gave to the broth...am sure I'll do this again when I have the chance. My kids liked it, too. Happy Me! :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
Loading InLinkz ...