Ms. Lynn on her blog Life Bliss with her blog post: Pasta and Beef Recipes
|Four recipes in one post! What else can I say...I love it! Click on the pictures above to grab those recipes! You won't be disappointed! Promise! :)|
------------ oo000oo ------------
I saw some nice bellpeppers at the grocery a couple of days ago and I knew I just had to make them into these...
- bellpeppers (too bad the grocery store only had green colored ones...am sure some yellow and red ones would liven up the dish!)
- bacon, rice (steamed), tomatoes, cheese, eggplant, okra
- pepper, salt
- Cut out the upper part of the bellpeppers, including the seeds. Immerse in pot with water and boil for around five minutes. Remove once done, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dice the other ingredients (bacon, tomatoes, eggplant, and okra). Place bacon first in hot pan, then when turning to be a bit crispy, add in the other diced ingredients. Cook until wilted, then add the steamed rice. Season with salt and pepper, if you want. Set aside to let cool for easier handling.
- Take one bellpepper and stuff with the rice-veggie-bacon mix. Top with generous amounts of cheese. Do the same with the other bellpeppers.
- Using the oven toaster, I placed them inside until the cheese got burnt and bubbly. I had to rotate them every now and then since the temperature was way too high...I think I would have gotten a much better result if I covered them with aluminum foil. Cooking took about twenty minutes.
- Sliced the bellpeppers and added some more cheese before they were devoured.
My sons liked them, even if the eldest normally doesn't like okra and eggplant. lol. I guess the bacon and cheese did it for him. He asked if we can make them again during Christmas day. :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
Loading InLinkz ...