Search This Blog

Food Friday



9 shared thoughts
This week's featured Food Friday player is...

Mr. Nick, with his post Bean Stew (Fasoladha), on his blog: Intelliblog.

Beans are a good source of nutrients (and relatively cheap), so I really love it when I come across a recipe that calls for beans mixed with other veggies. Mr. Nick's Fasoladha recipe is one of those that I'd love to try; I might be substituting some of the ingredients with what I have on hand, though (as usual, lol). If you're looking for something hearty and healthy to cook,  then I suggest you click the shot above.

------------ oo000oo ------------

I was surprised that the pomelo (also called shaddock {link}) that I bought was so sweet that I decided I'd make a salad out of it. As usual, I mixed it with whatever was available. Simply called: Pomelo Salad.


Ingredients

  • pomelo (I used only half of it)
  • salad greens (I used romaine, and red leaf lettuce)
  • cucumber


dressing: salt, pepper, olive oil (extra virgin), balsamic vinegar


Procedure:

  • Prepare the greens into bite-size pieces; then peel the cucumber, slice in half, and remove the seeds. Slice the cucumber to your liking (in my case, my youngest decided he'd do the slicing...hence some cucumbers were big, and some really tiny. It didn't matter to me. lol). Place inside refrigerator to chill.
  • Meanwhile, peel and open the pomelo. Remove the flesh, separate them, and place on top of the salad greens and cucumber mix.
  • Mix your dressing and adjust taste. Drizzle on top of the salad.
  • Mix and Serve.



Had that as part of my brunch a couple of days ago. I really liked the sweet/tart flavor of the pomelo, mixed with the crunchy greens. It went great with the sweet ham, egg, and toast. Loved it! So easy to prepare, too. :)

Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)

 Loading InLinkz ...

9 shared thoughts:

Kim, USA at: Fri Nov 30, 12:29:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I have not tried pomelo salad. I would like to try this one.

Kim,USA

Tina´s PicStory at: Fri Nov 30, 12:48:00 AM GMT+8 said...

looks so yummy! :)

maiylah at: Fri Nov 30, 01:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@Kim: i hope you find a pomelo that's really sweet, Manang Kim. first time i tried this, and i loved it immediately.

@Tina: oh, it was! loved your wine jelly post...got me thinking and wanting to try it out! :)

thanks so much for playing, ladies!
enjoy the rest of the week!

Jay - Agent112778 at: Fri Nov 30, 04:48:00 AM GMT+8 said...

love to have that pomelo salad

Winnie at: Fri Nov 30, 06:43:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wonderful salad Maiylah :)
Pomelo is a very popular fruit here

Oggi at: Fri Nov 30, 06:50:00 AM GMT+8 said...

This looks so simple and delicious. I love pomelo as is or in salad. Yum!

Intelliblog at: Sat Dec 01, 10:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for featuring the Fasoladha!
The pomelo dish looks very interesting!
Thanks for hosting.

maiylah at: Wed Dec 05, 02:30:00 PM GMT+8 said...

@Jay: there are loads of fresh (and cheap, compared to what we have around here) pomelo over at Mindanao, Jay! Hope you can make one when you get there :)

@Winnie: ooh, that's great!

@Ms. Oggi: used to eat them as is...until I read one salad that used pomelo. i thought: why not, right? ;)

@Nick: my pleasure! glad inLinkz chose your recipe! :)

thanks so much for playing again, ladies and gents! much much appreciated! :)
ps. love learning something new each week!

Tetcha Figuerres at: Tue Dec 18, 07:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

This food post reminds me that I haven't eaten pomelo in a long time. It's about time I buy one.

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post