Ms. Oggi, with her Sicilian Pork Skin Roll-ups post on her blog, I Can Do That!
------------ oo000oo ------------
I love cooking but I don't like fussing too much. Specially like it when I cook stuffs in one pot and I get around two "dishes" out of it. lol. That's me being lazy. I guess. :D
My dish for this week is Fried Chicken with Mushroom and Green Beans. Not too sure if that's right, but ... here it is:
- Chicken (cut into serving pieces)
- Dried mushrooms (which I soaked overnight in water, then sliced; you may use fresh)
- green beans
- your favorite breading mix (I used Crispy Fry), cooking oil for frying
- salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, ginger and garlic (both crushed), milk, cornstarch/water mixture
- Place the chicken pieces, sliced mushrooms, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, ginger, and garlic in a pot filled with water. Let boil, then simmer for around twenty minutes; just until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken pieces, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, continue simmering, then when it's half the amount it originally was, add milk/cream. Add the cleaned green beans then remove after about four minutes (doesn't take too long to cook). Set aside. Add the water/cornstarch mixture to thicken the remaining liquid. Adjust seasoning.
- Coat the chicken with the breading mix, then fry.
- Assemble everything on the plate: fried chicken, mushroom/green beans with sauce, and rice.
- Dig in!
Sometimes I just add some veggies into the pot (after removing the chicken) and that becomes our soup. The chicken would be cooked (either baked or fried) further, since my sons prefer crunchy chicken. Me, I don't mind, really. As long as it agrees with my taste buds, then it's all good! :D
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
ps. Seems like the new widget worked. Will use it again this week...hopefully no glitches. :)
Loading InLinkz ...