Chef Heather, who owns Girlichef (where all roads lead to the kitchen), with her blog post: Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli Pretzel Pockets
------------ oo000oo ------------
My food post for this week: Wrapped Pork with Mushroom and Cheese. I know, am terrible when it comes to naming dishes. lol. But that's what it basically is...just ground pork wrapped in cabbage with mushrooms and cheese.
- ground pork
- dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked for around two hours in water)
- cabbage leaves (to wrap the ground pork)
- canned peas (you may use fresh or frozen, if you want), malunggay (moringa) powder, soy sauce, dried herbs, salt, and pepper
- tomato sauce, egg, cheese
- Mix ground pork, malunggay (moringa) powder, egg, soy sauce, dried herbs, peas, salt and pepper.
- Put a small amount of the ground pork mixture into each cabbage and wrap. When done, add water (where you soaked the mushrooms), and tomato sauce. Water must be above the cabbage wraps. Add more if needed.
- Dump in the sliced mushrooms, then let boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for around 30-45 mins. Add more water if necessary.
- Once you're satisfied (I based mine on the mushroom's "doneness"), add cheese.
- Adjust the taste to your liking, then serve hot. With bread or rice. Your choice. :)
My sons opted to put more cheese on theirs; we had that with crusty bread. For a first try I guess it was ok. I loved how the mushroom managed to "assert" itself even with all that cheese. My eldest son told me to add lots of crumbled bacon next time as a garnish, together with the cheese. I whole-heartedly agreed (bacon is always a good idea, lol)! :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code