Ms. Tetcha who blogs over at Delight My Appetite with her post: Family Dinner at Kabisera ng Dencio's
------------ oo000oo ------------
My food post for this week is something that I have always wanted to recreate on my own: Sticky Rice with Mangoes.
- sticky rice (about half a kilo), cooked in water with pandan leaves
- coconut milk (two and a half cups)
- sugar (1 cup refined/white and 1/4 cup muscovado)
- mangoes (sliced)
- toasted sesame seeds
- additional half a cup of warm coconut milk
- Cook the sticky rice first. Some use diluted coconut milk; I used plain water, simply because my coconut milk wasn't enough. lol. Served the same purpose, though. Let cool once cooked.
- Mix the two and a half cups of coconut milk with the sugar and place on low fire. Let simmer and mix every once in a while until slightly thick. Turn off heat.
- Add the cooked sticky rice then mix well. Set aside.
- Place a decent portion of the sweet sticky rice on a plate, then add the sliced mangoes. Drizzle a fair amount of warm coconut milk all over then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Enjoy! :)
I loved it! This was my first time to cook sticky rice (yeah, it really was!) since I find it kind of time-consuming when it comes to cooking 'kakanins' (snacks that usually needs sticky rice, powdered or not). I love eating them, though. lol.
My first taste of this sticky rice/mango combo was at a Thai restaurant and I was hooked! Whenever I see this on a restaurant's menu (which doesn't happen often), I always order at least one serving! :)
Thanks so much for linking and playing with me, everyone! So sorry haven't had the chance to visit your links, but will do it real soon! Been really busy these past few weeks. sigh.
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code