Ms. Jessica, who blogs over at Home Cooking with Jessy, with her post: My little girl's first time to eat at Jollibee
------------ oo000oo ------------
A basic recipe for Pancake is my post for this week. Yeah, so basic and you can add fruits to liven it up, or maybe make it savoury instead of sweet. Your call. :)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 3/4 tsps baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- Pure maple syrup, warmed, for serving
*note: I used 1 1/2 tbsp muscovado sugar and added 1 tbsp vanilla extract
I didn't have maple syrup; I used confectioner's powdered sugar instead
- Mix together the dry ingredients first.
- Make a hole in the center then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Put vegetable oil (I used canola oil) into the pan and cook until you see bubbles on the side; then flip them over. Wait a few minutes then place on clean plate. Spread some butter on top and the maple syrup (in my case, I used powdered sugar). Enjoy.
Usually, we eat them as they cook. Tastes much better that way. lol. I must admit, the pancakes were not as fluffy as I wanted. But it tasted great. :)
Also, I forgot where I got the recipe, so sorry! Will post it here when I do manage to find the site...was browsing via my phone that day when I copied the recipe. :P
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code