Ms. Jenn who blogs over at Tara Let's Eat with her blog post: A Refreshing Break
------------ oo000oo ------------
This week's food post is another simple, easy, and fast dish: Ground Pork with Onions. I honestly prefer fast, easy, and healthy dishes (that doesn't mean i don't love eating food that takes-eons-to-prepare-and-cook, of course! lol) since sometimes I don't have the luxury of cooking ahead of time. I know I will, one of these days. :)
- ground pork (around 1/4 kg)
- red onion (2 big ones, or you may use white onion, sliced)
- garlic (3 cloves, diced)
- soy sauce, black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, cooking oil
- boiled egg, steamed rice
- Make sure the ground pork is properly thawed. Put in pan with a bit of water (around half a cup). Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, and the Italian seasoning. Let simmer until the water evaporates.
- You may add a tablespoon or two of your preferred cooking oil, if there isn't enough oil to saute the sliced onions and diced garlic. Mix well, until the onions turns translucent. You may add some more seasonings at this point.
- Once you're satisfied, remove from heat and place cooked pork on top of steamed rice, together with boiled egg.
This dish is so simple, so you may add other herbs/spices or anything else to it (maybe even a veggie). Your call. All I know that day was that I wasn't really in a mood to think what to cook...I just wanted to have something hot and substantial to appease my growling stomach. lol.
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code