Ms. Kriska Marie, who owns the blog Sweet Nothings, with her blog post: Tender Bob's
------------ oo000oo ------------
Burger Patties in Mushroom Sauce...one of my easy to-go-to meal when am pressed for time. Like a couple of days ago. :D
- ground pork (or beef)
- seasonings like pepper, salt, different dried herbs (i used thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano), and soy sauce
- rolled oats (around a fistful)
- eggs for binding
- onions and garlic finely chopped
- a can of mushrooms (or you may use fresh), sliced and water removed
- cornstarch and water mix (i used about a tsp cornstarch to half a cup of water)
- chicken stock
- butter, milk
- salt, pepper
For the meat:
- Mix everything then set aside for a bit to let the ingredients get to know each other.
- Then form into patties and fry. Or you may bake them (way healthier, I think).
- Set aside again, and make the sauce.
- You may use the pan where you fried/baked the patties. Remove excess oil (around a tbsp. or two should be enough). Add the butter, then chicken stock. Let boil till it has reduced somewhat.
- Add mushrooms and milk, then the cornstarch/water mix. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed. When you're satisfied with the thickness of the sauce, remove from the fire and spoon over the patties.
- Dig in!
I paired the patties with some tomatoes and peas. Would have wanted to have it with rice, but was really pressed for time, so we had it with bought bread instead. It was an ok dinner, I guess. Nothing fancy but it did fill some hungry stomachs! lol.
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code