Teacher Julie, who blogs over at Plateful of Fun, with her blog post: Tuna Fillet Steak
|Yummy combo! I haven't tried this mix for breakfast before, but am sure I'd love it! Of course, T. Julie did mention in her post that this is great not only for breakfast but also for lunch or dinner! I definitely agree! Anyone agree with us? lol. Do check out her site and see what other yummy posts she has up on her blog!|
------------ oo000oo ------------
My post for this week (another easy one!): Whole Wheat Quesadilla (with Spinach).
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- cheese (I used quick melt)
- spinach (I used around a cup of fresh leaves), dried mixed herbs, butter, olive oil, pepper, salt
- Clean spinach leaves then wilt in hot pan with melted butter and a bit of olive oil (just so the butter wouldn't burn). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grate the cheese. Set aside.
- Warm the tortilla first (I used hot pan).
- Assemble everything: warm tortilla, cheese, and wilted spinach leaves.
- Place the cheese, mixed dried herbs, and spinach leaves on one side of the tortilla (you may add olive oil, salt and pepper; your choice), then flip the other side to cover it. Press and put on hot pan; turn over after a couple of minutes on each side.
- When you're satisfied (and the cheese inside has melted), remove from pan. Slice in triangles.
- Yummy when eaten warm. :)
I actually wanted to add the spinach on my omellete, but since my son requested for quesadilla, the spinach went to the quesadilla instead. I know, sometimes I tend to go overboard trying to add veggies to my snacks (and meals). lol.
My youngest found the whole wheat tortillas weird (he prefers them plain), but he ate the cheese and spinach. I know, another weird trait in my family! My eldest liked everything! :)
I searched online and found out that some quesadilla recipes add in mushrooms together with the spinach...I know I'll try that the next time I get my hands on some fresh mushrooms!
get the InLinkz code