Search This Blog

Food Friday



12 shared thoughts
This week's Featured in Food Friday player is ...

Teacher Julie, who blogs over at Plateful of Fun, with her blog post: Tuna Fillet Steak

Yummy combo! I haven't tried this mix for breakfast before, but am sure I'd love it! Of course, T. Julie did mention in her post that this is great not only for breakfast but also for lunch or dinner! I definitely agree! Anyone agree with us? lol. Do check out her site and see what other yummy posts she has up on her blog!
------------ oo000oo ------------

My post for this week (another easy one!): Whole Wheat Quesadilla (with Spinach).


Ingredients
  • 3 whole wheat tortillas
  • cheese (I used quick melt)
  • spinach (I used around a cup of fresh leaves), dried mixed herbs, butter, olive oil, pepper, salt


Procedure:
  • Clean spinach leaves then wilt in hot pan with melted butter and a bit of olive oil (just so the butter wouldn't burn). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
  • Grate the cheese. Set aside.
  • Warm the tortilla first (I used hot pan).
  • Assemble everything: warm tortilla, cheese, and wilted spinach leaves.
  • Place the cheese, mixed dried herbs, and spinach leaves on one side of the tortilla (you may add olive oil, salt and pepper; your choice), then flip the other side to cover it. Press and put on hot pan; turn over after a couple of minutes on each side.
  • When you're satisfied (and the cheese inside has melted), remove from pan. Slice in triangles.
  • Yummy when eaten warm. :)




I actually wanted to add the spinach on my omellete, but since my son requested for quesadilla, the spinach went to the quesadilla instead. I know, sometimes I tend to go overboard trying to add veggies to my snacks (and meals). lol.


My youngest found the whole wheat tortillas weird (he prefers them plain), but he ate the cheese and spinach. I know, another weird trait in my family! My eldest liked everything! :)


I searched online and found out that some quesadilla recipes add in mushrooms together with the spinach...I know I'll try that the next time I get my hands on some fresh mushrooms!




get the InLinkz code

12 shared thoughts:

Unknown at: Fri Jun 08, 12:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

wow, this is amazing! i've been planning to do my own quesadilla but i'm too lazy.:p interesting that you added spinach--it's one veggie i learned to appreciate quite recently.:p

Winnie at: Fri Jun 08, 03:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

This whole wheat quesadilla with spinach is just calling my name!
It looks great and it's something I'd really love to eat.

Oggi at: Fri Jun 08, 04:53:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I can't remember the last time I had quesadillas or any type of Mexican food, probably 10 years ago? With spinach, maybe I'll have one. :D

Jessica Cassidy at: Fri Jun 08, 06:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love to eat steak yummmmmmmmmmmmm :-) My son loves taco or like this quesadilla :-) it looks healthy to munch too Sis :-) Thank you for hosting the Food Friday.

anney at: Fri Jun 08, 09:15:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Simple filling but super delicious quesadillas! yum!

Heather S-G at: Fri Jun 08, 09:58:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Mmmm...simple and delicious - lovely quesadilla!

Intelliblog at: Sat Jun 09, 06:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Will definitely try those quesadillas, they look delicious!

Thanks for hosting.

Jenn at: Sat Jun 09, 07:24:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I prefer the plain tortillas, too... but I do like the combination of spinach and cheese.

Tetcha at: Sat Jun 09, 09:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The tuna fillet steak looks delish! I love quesadilla, too!

Arlene at: Sun Jun 10, 08:42:00 PM GMT+8 said...

yummmm Mai! Looks like another recipe so easy to follow. pero mas gusto ko yong kakain na agad kesa ako pa ang gagawa. hehehe

sorry for the late entry. ^^

Starr at: Fri Jul 13, 06:24:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi, on which grocery store did you buy the quesadilla? Thank you.

maiylah at: Tue Jul 17, 12:36:00 AM GMT+8 said...

many thanks everyone for sharing and linking your yummy food posts!!! much appreciated! :)

@Starr: Hi! i bought them at Crossings along Quezon Ave. Thanks for dropping by! :)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post