Mommy Bonz, who blogs over at Bonz World (World of Food and Health), with her blog post: Shopping and Food Last Weekend.
------------ oo000oo ------------
My food post is another personal fave: Monggo (Mung beans)
- mung beans (soaked overnight)
- tomatoes, malunggay leaves (moringa), bell pepper, red onions, garlic
- salt, pepper, soy sauce (just a drop, or two)
- cooking oil for sauteing
- fish sauce and chicken stock (both optional)
- Boil mung beans in water until soft and mushy, with a pinch of salt.
- Heat another pot and saute tomatoes, bell pepper, red onions, and garlic.
- Dump the boiled mung beans in the pot, liquid and all. Let simmer for a bit, then taste accordingly (here's where you add the soy sauce/fish sauce/pepper/salt). Add the malunggay/moringa leaves. You may opt to add stock (we like chicken stock, but it's entirely up to you) if it's too dry.
- Once satisfied, serve immediately. Perfect with steamed rice. I also like it sometimes with a crusty loaf.
There are loads of variations with this dish and that's what I love about it: the variety and versatility! Both my sons like eating this dish (though my youngest doesn't eat the bell peppers, lol). This was regularly served when I was growing up (sometimes meat was added, or a different veggie - like the bitter gourd leaf! - mixed in; whatever was readily available that time) so it has been added to my long list of comfort foods. lol. I personally like it without meat, though. :D
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code