Ms. Arlene, who blogs over at Healthy Lifestyle, with her post: Fish Nuggets
------------ oo000oo ------------
My post for today is: Just Chicken.
yeah, so original. lol.
- marinated whole chicken (cut into serving pieces, and preferably marinated overnight)
- marinade: soy sauce, salt, pepper, mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, sage and marjoram), spanish paprika, crushed garlic, coconut vinegar (you can substitute with calamansi or lime)
- Put chicken in pot together with marinade and about 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Let boil/simmer until just cooked through (mine was about 15mins).
- Transfer to an oven-proof container and sprinkle chicken with additional mixed herbs, spanish paprika, soy sauce and vegetable/olive oil.
- Bake until brown and skin is crispy.
- Serve hot with fave dip. Or with rice. Your choice.
Actually, you can skip the first part of the procedure (the "boiling" part) and just directly bake your chicken; it would have taken a much longer time to cook, of course. Still, I think you can get the same result. I just like "boiling" them since I like to use the liquid afterwards: I add in some veggies, or it becomes the base for a soup.
Had that with rice and some veggies that day. :)
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please try to visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code