Ms. Dhemz who blogs over at Savour D' Flavour with her blog post: Buttered Prawns
---------- :rainbow - :rainbow - :rainbow ----------
My food post for this week is something that I made for the very first time...Embutido (Filipino version of the Meatloaf). And as usual, I didn't follow any specific recipe. lol. I also added some ingredients that I believe you normally don't find in the usual 'embutido'. :i
- ground beef (around 1/2 kg)
- ground pork (around 1/2 kg)
- bok choy/pechay (jullienned)
- spanish paprika, mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, oregano, and sage), sweet pickle relish, raw egg, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, finely sliced garlic and onion, all-purpose flour
- hard boiled eggs
- Mix everything except for the hard boiled eggs.
- Slice hard boiled eggs lengthwise then arrange slices on bottom of container.
- Put meat mixture on top of the eggs, then another layer of sliced eggs.
- Finish with the meat mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Steam for around an hour.
- Remove from steamer and serve. Or you may place inside freezer (after it has cooled down) if you plan to eat the dish another day.
In our case, I immediately served the dish while still a bit warm. It tasted way different than the embutido that I usually get from the supermarket, but we all welcomed the change. Paired the dish with some tomato slices (sprinkled with salt) and hot steamed rice. :$
I placed the other unopened container in the freezer (which I sliced and fried as part of our lunch two days later). I will be making this again. I might do things differently; or not. Depends largely on what I have on hand. :P
Reminder: Please don't forget to link back (a simple text would be great, or you may use the buttons provided here). Also, please visit the other party-goers and leave some commentluv to let them know that you dropped by. Many thanks! <3
get the InLinkz code