Ms. Adjoa, who owns the blog A GIRL'S REFLECTIONS, with her post: Food Trends 2012
---------- :L - :L - :L ----------
This week's food post was something that I needed that day; I was feeling pretty lazy, so all I wanted was to get comfy in a couch, sip/munch/chew, and when done: read a heart-warming book...I didn't find any heart-warming book to read, so instead I read The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus series) by Rick Riordan. lol.
This was what I made (and had) that day:
|Pork and Beans with Mushrooms|
Ingredients are pretty simple:
- ground pork
- a can of beans
- a can of mushrooms
- lots of tomatoes
- mixed dried herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, and sage)
- onion, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce
Procedure was equally fast and easy:
- Thaw the meat and put in pan with water (just enough to cook the meat), soy sauce, salt, dried herbs, sliced tomatoes, and pepper. Let boil and mix. Let it be for a few minutes so that the ingredients get time to blend together.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic. Simmer some more.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and the beans (I didn't add the brine solution).
- You can add in some more liquid (plain water or any stock that you might have); if you want, at this stage. Adjust seasonings...
- Best eaten when hot. :)
I had a very happy lazy afternoon that day... <3 Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar, or a simple text) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3
get the InLinkz code