Ms. Jesz who blogs over at My Kind of Trip, with her post:
Celebrating Mommy's 62nd
--------- :party - :party - :party ----------
My post for this week is NOT another noodle recipe as promised. :D
It's a veggie dish, and I have no idea what to call it. It's somehow similar to mashed potatoes, but I didn't use potatoes. I used squash. So maybe i can call this mashed squash...?? :P
- cheese (grated cheddar) and cheez whiz
- milk, butter
- ginger, salt, pepper
- Peel the squash and cut into small sizes. Boil for a couple of minutes, with ginger and salt, until soft. Remove from the liquid and mash.
- Add butter and some drops of milk.
- Add crumbled/grated cheddar cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Butter the pan (i chose cupcake cups for individual servings) then plop the seasoned mashed squash inside. I added cheez whiz on top (I wanted to know what the result was going to be, lol); you can use any type of cheese.
- Place inside toaster or oven. Bake until cheese gets bubbly and slightly burnt. Mine was overly burnt, so don't copy what I did. :D
- Remove from toaster or oven and serve hot or in room temperature.
We had that together with roasted chicken. The kids (myself included, lol) loved it! :L
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3
get the InLinkz code