Ms. Pinkc00kies who blogs over at Munchy Crunchy, with her post:
Khong Guan Ice Gems
----- :angel - :angel - :angel -----
Rice Noodle Experiment, that's what I'd like to call this dish:
My post for today is noodles again. I know, next week it will be different. Pinky promise.
Well, this one was inspired by a Thai friend named Poulet, who also loves to take shots of what she whips up in her kitchen. I just love the healthy dishes she makes and these two dishes just inspired me to try something different. Hence, my rice noodle experiment (my first time to try cooking this type of noodle).
|(please click on the noodles if you prefer a bigger view)|
- chicken breast
- squash, bunch of celery, pechay (bok choy)
- onion, garlic (diced)
- salt, pepper, soy sauce
- chicken stock (seasoned broth from some leftover raw chicken bones and skin)
- toasted sesame seeds
- rice noodles
|some ingredients used: squash, celery, onion, rice noodles, pechay (bok choy), and garlic.|
- Cut chicken breast in small sizes, then brown over a hot pan with a bit of oil. Season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Add diced onions and garlic.
- Add in the squash since it takes longer to cook. Put the pechay (bok choy) next, then the celery. Mix everything well. Turn off heat.
- In a separate pot, boil some water and cook the rice noodles, which will only take about two minutes.
- Place cooked noodles in a bowl. Add chicken and veggie mix.
- Pour hot chicken stock.
- Sprinkle with lots of toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot.
I served this hot, but my sons loved it at room temperature.
I must confess, I'm a rice noodle fan now! :L
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3
get the InLinkz code