Ms. Dudut, the owner of the blog mY TwiSTeD ReCiPeS, with her post:
Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies
--------------- <3 - <3 - <3 ---------------
Bangus (Milkfish) Belly in Soy Sauce is my food post for today.
Yup, another simple dish which I believe has lots of variations. Together with soy sauce, one of my sisters cook this with calamansi (calamondin) while over at my parent's house, it is cooked using vinegar, soy sauce, and some ginger slices. Sometimes tausi (fermented black beans) is added, too (minus the soy sauce this time). In my opinion, they all taste good. My recipe's slightly different just because...I feel like it. :D
- milkfish belly (I used one package, roughly around half a kilo)
- soy sauce (about one-fourth cup)
- lemon juice (half a lemon)
- garlic cloves (crushed)
- chili (sliced)
- water, freshly ground pepper, sea salt, few drops of sesame oil
How I cooked it:
- Fish slices should be thawed thoroughly, then cleaned. Place inside the pot and then add in the soy sauce, garlic cloves, freshly ground black pepper, sea salt (go easy on this since the soy sauce is already salty; you can opt not to add this, if you want), and about one-fourth cup of water. Turn on the fire and once it starts 'bubbling' adjust the fire to a lower setting; add the chili then let it simmer for about ten to fifteen more minutes.
- In my experience, properly thawed fish cooks fairly fast (specially if it is cooked in liquid) so after about fifteen minutes (max) of simmering happily away, you can turn off the heat. Pour in the lemon juice and a few drops of sesame oil, then let the fish slices rest for about a couple or so of minutes, covered.
- Best served hot. :fire
Paired that off with steamed rice and some tomato slices. That was our lunch. :D
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
*if you have problems with linking, do send me a message (or make a comment below) since I might be able to help...would hate to miss a food post from you! <3
get the InLinkz code