Ms. Sherry of I Am A Cooking Show Fan with her post:
This week's Food Friday post is something really simple: Tofu with Tomatoes and Peas
My mother never really liked tofu, so it was something that we never saw on our dining table. I only found out about it when I left home and started college; and when one of my sisters started buying it on a weekly basis, I got hooked. Am glad that my sons also like tofu (hubby's basically an all-meat-type of guy, lol, but he eats tofu every now and then) so now we have it at least once a week.
Ingredients were simple:
|Tomatoes, peas and marinated tofu|
- marinated tofu (around a half kilo block, which I sliced and marinated in soy sauce, smoked paprika, vinegar, and freshly ground black pepper)
- cooked peas (canned)
- canola oil (for frying the tofu as well as for sautéing), salt, pepper, sesame oil
Here's what I did:
- Fried the sliced marinated tofu, then set them aside to cool before slicing them into strips.
- Removed some of the oil and sauteed the sliced tomatoes and then lowered the fire; I wanted the tomatoes to be really mushy so I continued cooking for about five more minutes. If it gets dry, you just add in a bit of water.
- Peas came next. Simmered for around three more minutes.
- Tofu (which were fried and sliced by now) were mixed in.
Taste-testing and adjusting. I actually wanted my dish to be a bit soupy (but not too much), so I added in more water. Chicken stock could be another option, but I didn't have it that time. Sesame oil (just a few drops) was added last. We just love the aroma of sesame oil... :)
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
get the InLinkz code