The fourth player to be featured in Food Friday is.....
Ms. Arlene of beatingheartbaby, with her post:
Home made PUTO for Snack
|Puto (rice cake) is one of my fave snacks and this post just made me drool! Ms. Arlene not only blogs about food, but also about life in general. Like me and my blog! lol. I encourage you to visit her blog and see what's keeping her busy these days.|
My food post today will be something that's dear to me: eggs and breakfast.
I am one of those who believe that eating a substantial breakfast can help kick-start the day and may even put you in a good mood. Having kids in the house means I need to wake up early and prepare food early, too (specially since the eldest leaves early for school). That's where the eggs come in...they are convenient and I can cook them in a lot of ways!
This was what we had yesterday morning: Scrambled Eggs in Pandesal.
The ingredients used were the following:
- eggs, of course (i used 2 med eggs)
- yellow bellpepper (i only used half of it)
- one ripe tomato
- parsley (chopped, around 2 tbsps)
- pandesal (store-bought that morning)
- cheddar cheese, coarse salt, pepper, and canola oil
|Some of the ingredients used for this dish|
Here's what I did:
- Sliced and diced the tomato and bellpepper.
- Chopped the parsley.
- Beat the eggs (that sounds mean...lol) with a bit of salt added.
- Placed oil on the pan and when hot I added in the diced tomato and bellpepper; left them alone in low fire till they were soft and a bit mushy.
- Next came the parsley, and the beaten eggs were immediately poured in. Added pepper. Waited for a few seconds. Using a fork, I flipped a side here, flipped another side there, a couple or so of more flipping, and it was done!
- Transferred to a plate, and cheddar cheese was placed on top. It melted conveniently, since the eggs were still hot.
We had that together with some fresh orange pieces, and hot chocolate.
We decided to eat the scrambled eggs tucked in pandesal since it was convenient. lol. The bland bread together with the savoury scrambled eggs tasted good together, too! :)
Reminder: Please link back here (you may use the Food Friday buttons located on the right sidebar) if you're playing... and don't forget to visit other players as well and leave them some comment love! thank you.♥
get the InLinkz code