Search This Blog

Food Friday



20 shared thoughts

buko pie

I used to eat this almost every week while I was in college. Not because it was my favorite, lol, but simply because my sisters loved having them for dessert every weekend whenever I came home. This buko pie came from Tagaytay (Cavite), though. Brought from Bahay Pastulan by hubby. I must admit, I found their filling too sweet; but the crust was perfect! :)

My verdict? I still find the buko pie in College, Laguna tastier. Or maybe I am just biased. LOL

Want to play along? Then do leave a comment and tell me, or click here.

post for:
food friday

*will be posting Food Friday here until my other blog is up and running ... many thanks to everyone for being patient and understanding. :)

20 shared thoughts:

Jeanny at: Fri Jan 22, 12:08:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Ewan ko ba, hindi talga ako mahilig sa buko pie. Would you believe yung crust lang ang type ko sa buko pie.

Happy FF!

Gmirage at: Fri Jan 22, 12:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

One of my comfort foods...this reminds me so much of my dad...:( Kasi he knows fave ko madalas nya ko inuuwian... haha anyway I love the layout too, ang cute nung starfish!

Mirage at: Fri Jan 22, 12:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I recommend Coolette's...we live 10 minutes from tagaytay proper kaya lagi kami meron lol.

Elara at: Fri Jan 22, 12:21:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Maiylah! Happy new year! That looks delish but I wish you'd explain what the words mean, if you use Tagalog words so that we all can learn. :)

Check out my entry!

Debbie @ Phatelara
Phatelara's FF Entry

♥peachkins♥ at: Fri Jan 22, 07:19:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Nakakakain lang ako ng buko pie kapag nagpupunta ng Laguna..heheh

Arlene at: Fri Jan 22, 09:32:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Yummmm i never had buko pie in a long time. The last one was long long ago and they were from Batangas area. Pasalubong yon. But i had pineapple pie last week and it was so sweet though the crust was tasty.

Happy Friday, Mai!

Unknown at: Fri Jan 22, 10:55:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i remember falling in line in a buko pie store in Los Banos last summer. then when it was my turn, ubos na! :(

Bette at: Fri Jan 22, 11:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

na-try mo na yung macapuno tart from pan de manila? yummy treat.

Sheren-May at: Fri Jan 22, 01:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love ko din ang buko pie :) happy weekend...

Ladynred at: Fri Jan 22, 02:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That looks really yummy. I never had buko pie before. Shame on me..lol

mousey at: Fri Jan 22, 06:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hay nakakamiss!

happy weekend!

Anya at: Fri Jan 22, 07:17:00 PM GMT+8 said...

ang sarap! pero eversince nakatikim ako ng buco crumbles, mas prefer ko na yun...

sana malapit lang ang laguna or tagaytay dito para kapag nag-crave makakabili agad, hayz...

Race at: Sat Jan 23, 12:25:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That's our house favorite and we're kind of patronizing my mom's province' specialty. She's from Laguna and we never get tired of eating buko salad and buko pie but sometimes we missed our buko in Laguna 'coz it's quarter of the price here in the city!

I love so much that I watched while they do it in Laguna though they never shared the secrets....Mirage is right Colette's buco pie is so yummy!

Late submission of my entry at
http://my-crossroad.com/2010/01/food-friday-hubbys-birthday-food.html

Anya at: Sat Jan 23, 01:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

hello ms. maila, i have two entries again -

One Dish at a Time - http://anya13.blogspot.com/2010/01/buko-pandan.html

Kutsara at Tinidor -
http://taranakaintayo.blogspot.com/2010/01/caffe-molinari-caffe-mo.html

agent112778 at: Sun Jan 24, 12:08:00 AM GMT+8 said...

yummy ang buko pie BUT pls be carefull specialy when purchasing multiple boxes, you might get "box only" :(

my entry is here


Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)

Thanx for the Visit :)

Race at: Tue Jan 26, 03:29:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hi maiylah can't see my comment here last friday!

http://my-crossroad.com/2010/01/food-friday-hubbys-birthday-food.html

maiylah at: Tue Jan 26, 10:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks thanks thanks to everyone for posting again! will go and visit your posts. now. :))

maiylah at: Tue Jan 26, 11:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

done with the yummy and fun visits! thanks so much for playing!!! :)

as usual, it has left me hungry. LOL. now off to the kitchen i go ...

i♥pinkc00kies at: Sat Jan 30, 09:28:00 PM GMT+8 said...

omg i love buko pie.. the best buko tarts din from Amira's or Rowena's in Tagaytay.

i♥pinkc00kies at: Sat May 01, 09:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love buko pie.. but my fave is the buko tarts from Rowena's or Amira's in Tagaytay!! to-die for... LOL :) Rowena's ube tarts are so yummy too.

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post