Search This Blog

Frangipani/Kalachuchi (Plumeria spp.)



7 shared thoughts
frangipani

Took this shot a while back ... in the province we had a neighbor who had this plant in their front yard and we loved passing by their place because of the sweet smell of these flowers! There were even times when we asked for some flowers because we wanted to make them into leis ... loved the sweet smell!

In college we had these plants, too ... though not as fragrant. Dunno why. Different variety, I guess. :)

7 shared thoughts:

Anonymous at: Sat May 10, 03:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love flower.I think flower is the symbol of beauty.I like smell of flower.So,Gardening is my hobby.

Anonymous at: Sat May 10, 03:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Funny, I remember the flower from my childhood. I was collecting stamps and the stamp with similar flower was among my favs:)

Anonymous at: Sat May 10, 05:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Nice one Maiylah!

I posted on a rare bloom on my blog..just in time for M-day.

Leah at: Sun May 11, 10:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah at: Sun May 11, 10:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Just wanted to say hi and drop in to say i am posting one of your photos.

Happy Weekend.

Julie at: Sun May 11, 11:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Bloggers are set to blog for peace June 4, 2008.
I invite you to join me - and a cast of incredible bloggers - as we mark our world with a promise of peace. Bloggers from around the globe will write posts entitled "Dona nobis pacem" and fly peace globes in the fourth launch of BlogBlast for Peace. I hope you will join the movement and participate again in this growing phenomenon. You are officially peace globe #278 in the Peace Globe Gallery. Click the link below to learn how to get your peace globe.
Your blog. One post. One day.
BlogBlast For Peace: A Revolution of Words
If words are powerful, then this matters.
Peace,
Mimi Lenox
Brought to you by Mimi’s little helpers for peace.

Anonymous at: Mon May 12, 05:00:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love this flower. In my country, it is called Kalachuchi. Its smell is sweet that I always want to pick its flower everytime I see a place with it.

Great shot too ;0

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post