Ms. Winnie, with her post Unique Cheesecake with Homemade Cheese", on her site: Something Sweet.
|I love how Ms. Winnie decorated her cheesecake! So fun! Click on the shot to see some more lovely and delicious pictures of her cheesecake (as well as the recipe!).|
---------- oo000oo ------------
Something light and fresh this week: Cauliflower and Pasta (with Coconut Milk and Basil)
- pasta of your choice (cooked according to package directions)
- ground pork (optional, if you want to make it vegetarian)
- basil cubes (here is how I did mine)
- coconut milk (fresh, frozen, or from a can, or powder....whichever is available)
- salt, pepper, garlic
- Place ground pork on hot pot with a bit of water. Add salt and pepper. Once water has evaporated, brown the meat for a bit, then add garlic and cauliflower. Mix till cauliflower is half-cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and keep warm.
- Add basil cubes and coconut milk to the cauliflower and pork. It's not going to be a soup, so go easy on the amount. Turn off fire.
- Add to the pasta and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning, if you have to.
- Add a side of arugula (which I drizzled with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and calamansi juice), or any green of your choice.
I really loved the dish, though my youngest was not so fond of the arugula. Weird combination, but I have never really been known to follow what is tradition. lol. When it comes to food, I have always believed: To each his own! :P
I would like to say, though, that this is going to be my last Food Friday post. Well, I just might post (will, most probably) some more food posts, but it would not be strictly on Fridays. lol. I love food too much. :D
Also, I would love to thank everyone who has played Food Friday! Through this weekly thingy I have learned not only about new (and old) restaurants, new recipes, new ingredients, new ways of cooking, but also about the different cultures and the important role that food has been playing... Again, many thanks! :)
get the InLinkz code