Ms. Oggi, with her post: Tikoy Turon for Chinese New Year, on her site "I Can Do That!".
------------- oo000oo -------------
Kiong Hee Huat Tsai! I know, that doesn't really even mean Happy New Year; in fact, when translated literally it says "Congratulations and wishing you prosperity!". lol. But I don't really speak Chinese so.... :)
It's another soup post for me today: Carrots and Squash Soup.
- squash (cut into roughly 1" sizes, then roasted with crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; then mashed)
- carrot (placed in blender, together with some wan soy/cilantro)
- chicken stock, nutmeg, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper
- cheese (optional)
- Heat the chicken stock, together with some ginger, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the mashed squash. Place everything in the blender if you want it smooth (and you get to eat the ginger and garlic, too)! I placed mine in the blender. :P
- Return to the pot. You may add the cheese at this point and let them melt. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- In the meantime, skin the carrot, dice and put in clean blender. Add the wan soy/cilantro and a bit of the squash mixture. Then blend till you're satisfied with the consistency.
- Add to the warm squash mixture. Mix. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm. Garnish with some wan soy/cilantro leaves. You may add cream, if you want.
- Dip warm bread. Enjoy!
I seem to be cooking more soups these past few days! Blame it all on the cold weather! I had that soup warm, with some malunggay pandesal (with garlic-parsley butter) that day. If I had that during lunch/dinner time, I'd most probably partner it off with rice and another dish (fish or chicken, most likely).
Kiong Hee Huat Tsai! 2014, the Year of the (Wood) Horse in the Chinese Calendar, will start today and end on February 18, 2015. Just random info. :P
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!
get the InLinkz code